West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
About the West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
The West Palm Beach VA Medical Center opened in 1995 and is a general medical and surgical facility, providing a full range of patient care services, as well as comprehensive medical education and residency programs and limited research. All-inclusive health care is provided through primary care, emergency care and long-term care in the areas of medicine, surgery, mental health, physical medicine and rehabilitation, radiology, telemedicine, dentistry, hemodialysis, comprehensive Cancer Center and geriatrics and extended care including hospice and palliative care.
It is also a design site for the VA’s Whole Health program that focuses on providing Veterans with proactive care and incorporates more alternative medicine options.
The medical center provides health services to Veterans throughout South Florida and the Treasure Coast at its main facility in West Palm Beach and six contractor-operated community-based outpatient clinics in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Fort Pierce, Okeechobee, Stuart and Vero Beach. The facility also operates a 108-bed Community Living Center and 13-bed Blind Rehabilitation Service, which is the referral center for blind and visually impaired Veterans throughout the state of Florida. A Post-Combat Trauma (PCT) Clinic with adjacent expanded services is located in Port St. Lucie.
The West Palm Beach VA Medical Center is part of the Sunshine Healthcare Network (VISN 8), which includes facilities in Florida and Puerto Rico.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
In addition to our main facility in West Palm Beach, we offer services in six community-based outpatient clinics.
These clinics are located in:
St Lucie PTSD Clinic
To provide easily accessible, quality, compassionate healthcare for eligible Veterans through services at our main campus and at our six community based outpatient clinics. We are proud to give you the best care we can. Our staff is available to assist you with any concerns. Please do not hesitate to ask any member of your healthcare team or any other VA employee about concerns you may have.
We earn our Veterans' trust by consistently delivering compassionate and quality care. View our Strategic Plan
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.