West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
Free Wi-Fi for Veterans and Guest
West Palm Beach VA Medical Center continues to have free wireless Internet or “Wi-Fi” available for Veterans and visitors in the main building. Please note that as of August 11, 2017 at 10 a.m. the connection in the main building only has changed to Public_Wifi_VISN8.
The Wi-Fi service allows Veterans and guests with internet-enabled smartphones, tablets and laptops to stay in touch with family and friends during outpatient visits and hospital stays. They can read (and send) email messages, access social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, or just surf the Internet.
Similar to what’s used in private hospitality venues, the Wi-Fi network will be high speed and secure. However, guests are cautioned not to use it to transmit sensitive data such as health information, social security numbers, credit card information and other confidential transactions.
How to Connect
To access the free Wi-Fi service, follow these simple instructions:
- On your wireless device, view the available wireless networks, then select the following wireless network (a.k.a., SSID):SSID: Public_Wifi_VISN8
- Once connected, an authentication page should automatically launch. If it doesn’t, open any browser and go to any website.
- This should trigger the redirect page.
- Read the “Acceptable Use Policy” and click on Accept. You will be redirected to www.va.gov. Once you see that page, you are free to use the free Wi-Fi service.
- If you experience problems connection, please call 1-888-855-7722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, get ready to stay in touch and enjoy free Wi-Fi while sipping a beverage at your VA canteen, while waiting for your prescription refill or clinic appointment, or perhaps to make your hospital stay just a little more enjoyable.