West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
Just a Phone Call Away
Telcare is a patient’s medical advice line that is available to Veterans when the VA clinic you are assigned to is closed. The line is staffed by Registered Nurses and administrative staff who can answer medical questions and can provide advice and information. Telcare uses approved health care protocols and is accredited by URAC, a national health care accreditation agency.
When your VA Clinic is closed, Telcare is available: 1-877-741-3400
Telcare’s hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 4 p.m. to 8 a.m., and 24/7 on Weekends and Holidays. In the event of a medical emergency, Veterans should dial 9-1-1.
When Should I Call Telcare?
- When you have a health issue and need advice. A Registered Nurse can provide medical advice and information to assist you. Important: Always call 9-1-1 for medical emergencies.
- When you have a question on an appointment, including **cancelling it. Scheduling appointments must be done during day time business hours.
- When you need to communicate with your VA health care team. Telcare can help coordinate your care, acting as a bridge between you and your provider.
- For help with prescriptions. For refills, call your facility’s auto-refill line. A list of contacts is at www.visn8.va.gov/VISN_8_Telcare.asp
- When there’s a disaster or issue that may impact the facility you’re assigned to. During these situations, Veterans and VA employees can get updated information on facility closures, appointment cancellations and pharmacy refills.
** VA Caribbean patients can call VISN 8 Telcare for medical advice only. To cancel appointments in that healthcare system, call (877) 737-8820.
For more information on Telcare services, visit www.visn8.va.gov/VISN_8_Telcare.asp