West Palm Beach VA Medical Center
Welcome to Our Fisher House Page!
The West Palm Beach VA Medical Center's Fisher House is a beautiful home away from home for the families and caregivers of Veterans receiving inpatient care at the facility. Located on the campus of the medical center on the corner of Independence and Freedom Way, the Fisher House provides temporary lodging in a comfortable and relaxed setting, only steps away from the medical center. Veterans who are receiving care on an outpatient basis and have multiple appointments may also be eligible for housing for themselves and their loved ones at the Fisher House. All guests may stay at the Fisher House at no cost.
The Fisher House creates a warm and compassionate environment for families to find support from other families or individuals in similar situations. Caring staff and volunteers are available to assist guests.
This two-story, 5,000 square foot home offers 8 spacious private guest rooms with private bathrooms. All rooms are equipped with TV, DVD player, alarm clock, hair dryer, and telephone for local calls. Guests share a fully-equipped and stocked kitchen, spacious dining room, living room, shaded outdoor patio and laundry facilities.
Fisher House Guest Criteria:
- Lives 50 miles or more away from the VA Medical Center
- Have a loved one receiving inpatient care at the VA Medical Center
- Veteran with a caregiver who has multiple appointments over several days, having a medical or surgical outpatient procedure, or has early morning appointments. Veteran’s will not be permitted to stay without an accompanying adult.
- Veterans receiving outpatient or inpatient medical care at a non-VA facility under the Choice Program
- Able to stay in a non-medical, unsupervised setting
- Follow all Fisher House expectations, respect fellow guests and Fisher House facility and property
For more information, please contact the house manager at 561-422-5554, Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:00 pm. If you need emergent assistance or accommodations outside these hours, please contact the Administrator on Duty (A0D) at 561-422-8277.
7305 N Military Trail
West Palm Beach, Florida 33410
Hours of Operation